Where were the Polo Grounds, and how did they get their name?

 Just north of Central Park, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues, the original polo grounds were owned by newspaper publisher james Gordon Bennet, Jr., who in 1876 was introducing polo to America. Even as baseball overtook polo, the informal name stuck with the ballpark in four different incarnations. At its final location at 155th Street, the Polo Grounds hosted many events and teams, but never polo.

Creative: Tronvig Group