Take a field trip to the New-York Historical Society, where your students will discover history firsthand.
Choose from our wide range of inquiry-driven programs, all of which align with and support the Common Core State Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies and the New York State Learning Standards for Social Studies and for the Visual Arts.
To book a program, please email us at email@example.com or call 212-485-9293
Student Group Visit Policies and Procedures:
- All programs are led by highly qualified New-York Historical Society Museum Educators and Teaching Artists and make use of the Museum’s objects, artwork, images, maps, and documents
- Field trips are 90 minutes long and begin at 10 am, 11:30 am, or 1 pm. Programs cannot be extended past 90 minutes. If a group arrives later than the appointed time, the program will be shorten to end at its original time
- Payment must be received to make a reservation. We accept credit cards, checks and purchase orders. To expedite matters, we encourage groups to pay be credit card.
- Classes can have up to 32 students and must have one adult chaperone per every 10 students
- Lunch facilities are not available in the Museum. Groups are encouraged to picnic in Central Park
- Field trips can include New York Story, a dynamic 20-minute film covering 400 years of history. The film is recommended for second graders and above
- Space is limited, so book today!
In 2017, our fourth floor will be transformed into a new destination for historical education and innovation. During the current renovation, objects from our permanent collection are on view throughout the Museum. Additionally, to continue engaging students with our rich permanent collection, we have created a gallery of life-size painting reproductions.
Click on the appropriate grade level to view program options:
If you have any questions, please contact us at 212-485-9293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.