Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellowships
Two Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellowships will be awarded to candidates who have held the Ph.D. for three to five years. Research projects may include the conversion of a dissertation into a publishable manuscript or the initiation of new research, based on the resources of the New-York Historical Society. The ten-month residency will carry a stipend of $60,000, plus benefits. Application requirements include:
- a completed cover sheet (download here)
- a two- to three-page proposal describing the theme of the research project and the New-York Historical Society resources critical to the project
- a curriculum vitae
- a short writing sample of no more than 3,000 words or ten pages
- three letters of recommendation must be sent digitally to: Fellowships Coordinator; at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "MELLON FELLOWSHIP- [LAST NAME]" prior to the deadline
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation fellowships will carry a stipend of $60,000 plus benefits.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE ELEMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TWO WAYS:
- Via e-mail with the subject line MELLON FELLOWSHIP- [LAST NAME], no later than January 24, 2014 at 11:59 pm, to email@example.com
- Via mail, six hard copies, postmarked by January 3, 2014 to Fellowship Coordinator, New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.