A/V Media Coordinator
Job Title: A/V Media Coordinator
Department: Operations – A/V
Reports to: Director of Audio Visual Operations
Program and update media onto all AV media systems owned and maintained by NYHS. Manage the creation of images, media and audio elements to accompany NYHS exhibitions. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience working in a museum and/or media production facility.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and produce deliverables in a timely manner.
- Project management and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Capacity to understand a wiring flow diagram.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Final Cut Pro editing, Animation software, audio editing, proprietary media control software (C-Nario, Watchout, Brightsign etc.)
Essential Job Duties:
- Programming media content on the permanently installed media sources as needed for both internal and external events.
- Collaborate with the Museum department’s curatorial and exhibition design staff and integrate media and audio visuals for exhibitions.
- Catalog and archive all media previously used in exhibitions and NYHS events.
- Create the operation and maintenance manuals/schedules for each exhibition to be used by the AV team. Work with AV staff to improve AV systems and protocol.
- AV special projects as assigned.
- The position will supervise subcontractors and vendors hired by NYHS to create and/or integrate media.
Essential Physical Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Mount speakers, monitors and amps using power tools and hand tools.
- Wiring and installation of electrical and electronic components.
- The ability to climb ladders and/or lifts as required.
- Lift, bend, stoop, walk and stand.
- Occasional sedentary computer work required
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer