The Administrative Assistant will report to the Executive Vice President, COO & General Counsel. This person will handle all administrative duties for the EVP, COO & GC. This person will also provide administrative support for various other depts. as requested, particularly Visitors Service, the Library and the President’s Office. The ideal person for this position has excellent administrative skills, enjoys solving logistical puzzles, is comfortable handling tasks from different departments and has an interest in a career at a museum or cultural institution.
- Bachelor’s degree and related work experience required.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work well with employees from every museum department
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office necessary. Must have a strong working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- A self-motivated learner and able to work independently
- Detail-oriented with high standards for accuracy
- Desire to take on challenges and intellectual curiosity
- An interest in Museums and History is very valuable
- Provides day-to-day administrative support for the EVP, COO & GC which includes filing, ordering supplies, invoice processing, copying, organizing materials, scheduling and other administrative duties.
- Maintain the Master Calendar (Institution wide calendar and reservation system).
- Conduct Master Calendar trainings for new hires
- Attend weekly Logistics meeting and prepare the minutes
- Coordinate the weekly visitor attendance numbers
- Plan programs in conjunction with the museum’s Planned Giving Advisory council
- Act as point person for Committees composed of the Museum’s Board of Trustees
- Coordinate the museum’s two prestigious yearly book prize
- Work on small research projects on various topics
- Additional duties as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a computer; however, some filing is required. This requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
For consideration please send a cover letter resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resource department directly.
New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer