JOB TITLE: Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Development
Manages Vice President’s calendar and meetings. Prepares reports, letters, presentations and spreadsheets. File and retrieve documents, records and reports. Interacts with high profile individuals including N-YHS Trustees, Board Members and Donors. Manages sensitive and confidential information. Works in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
EDUCATION: College course work is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year related work experience
- Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Altru, Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with high standards for accuracy
- Interest in the humanities and the arts
- An enthusiasm for museum development work and desire to take on challenges
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provides day-to-day administrative support to the Vice President, Development
- Manages Vice President, Development’s calendar
- Transforms handwritten notes into finished letters and other documents
- Prepares reports, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Conducts prospect research and prepares donor profiles
- Manages system follow-up to correspondence and meetings
- Reserves rooms and prepares for meetings
- Coordinates meetings and helps with preparation and department reporting
- Retrieves and maintains organized information about goals and projects
- Assists with Development events
- Data entry and data quality control
- Additional duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a computer; however, some filing is required. This requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer