Education Floor Manager (PT)
Job Title: Floor Manager
Reports to: School Programs Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: The Floor Manager works closely with School Programs staff to oversee daily logistics of school programs, including school group arrivals, payment collections, and communication with teachers/schools. The Floor Manager also provides administrative support to the School Programs staff as well as the Education Division staff on an as-needed basis.
EDUCATION: B.A./B.S. required
- Background in museum education
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superb decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must be available at least three weekdays
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee logistics of classroom and orientation spaces and school programs materials.
- Coordinate daily schedule with School Programs Coordinator and troubleshoot any potential conflicts or problems.
- Answer school programs phone line and emails to handle basic questions and book field trips under direction of School Programs Coordinator
- Oversee daily school programs logistics: greet teachers and students; direct groups to assigned educator; ensure programs are running on time.
- Complete School Programs administrative tasks, including but not limited to: teacher reminder calls, filing, database entry, etc.
- Keep a record of daily headcount and report total numbers to Visitor Services
- Complete other administrative tasks as needed.
Additional duties as requested.
$15 an hour, part-time position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will require the employee to lift, bend, stoop, walk, speak and stand for up to 7 hours in a day. Sedentary computer work is also required.
For consideration please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2017. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer