Library Page (P/T)
The successful candidate will work in support of the library public service staff in the reading room of a very busy, closed-stacks research library. This is a permanent, year-round position.
- Monitor researchers in the library reading room
- Greet people in person; answer the telephone
- Register researchers
- Retrieve and shelve library collections
- Additional projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree (in progress or completed)
- Professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Careful attention to the handling of rare library collections
- Ability to transition from one assignment to the next
Prior employment in a library or working with the public; interest in New York and American history
21 hours per week, worked between
10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday year-round
10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday between Labor Day and Memorial Day
Hours must be on a consistent schedule that cannot be adjusted from week to week.
Preference will be given to candidates who can work Saturday.
$15 per hour
E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line “Library Page”) or fax to (646) 293-9409. Please, no phone calls.