SAT Prep Instructor (PT)
JOB TITLE: SAT Prep Instructor, Saturday Academy at New-York Historical Society
REPORTS TO: Manager of Teen Programs
The New-York Historical Society is seeking a part-time SAT Instructor to lead SAT prep courses for high school students participating in Saturday Academy, a free, six-week program that offers students in grades 8-12 courses in American Studies and exam prep.
Candidates must be available to work every Saturday from 9:30am – 1:00pm between September 30 – November 18, 2017.
Salary: $190.00 per day teaching sessions, $15.00 per hour proctoring
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must have prior experience designing and leading SAT Test Prep courses and have a record of successful outcomes.
- Candidates should have worked in a museum, educational setting, or youth program, with experience in classroom management and establishing a strong rapport with a student audience.
- Candidates should be familiar with the College Board’s Redesigned SAT content and suite of assessments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- The instructor will proctor SAT practice tests on Saturday, November 30 and Saturday, November 18.
- The instructor will design and lead a six-session course that covers SAT test content as well as test taking strategies.
- The instructor will communicate with N-YHS administrative staff to ensure all programs are delivered in a timely fashion and meet expectations.
- The instructor is required to complete and submit all required paperwork including program evaluations, planning session sheets, and time-sheets.
- Additional duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will require the employee to lift, bend, stoop, walk, speak and stand for up to 6 hours in a day.
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by August 21st, 2017. Please reference the job title in the subject line
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer