Education Marketing and Sales Coordinator (pt)
JOB TITLE: Education Marketing and Sales Coordinator (part time)
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Education
The Education Marketing and Sales Coordinator at the New-York Historical Society is responsible for marketing and selling our innovative, dynamic suite of education programs to schools and other organizations throughout New York City and the metropolitan area.
Drawing on world-renowned collections and a staff of passionate professionals, N-YHS Education engages learners of all ages in the study of our collective past to deepen content knowledge, develop 21st century skills, and foster an empowered and engaged citizenry. We believe in the power of authentic historical study to spark curiosity and creativity, to promote cultural understanding, and to strengthen our democracy.
The ideal candidate will have a strong network of contacts within the New York City public school system and extensive experience cultivating an audience for educational programming. The Education Marketing and Sales Coordinator serves as N-YHS Education brand ambassador, sells education programs for students and teachers to a broad audience, and cultivates and manages relationships with school/educational partners.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Background in sales and/or marketing required.
- Extensive knowledge of the New York City Department of Education required, particularly administration and school budgeting procedures and protocols, as well as all relevant learning standards
- Experience working within the NYC DOE strongly preferred
- Experience in a sales, marketing, or brand ambassador role
- Proven experience cultivating relationships across organizations
- Excellent communication skills, including phone and email
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of or comfort with online databases preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to:
- Market, promote, and sell New-York Historical Society school programs, teacher programs, and teen programs to schools and other educational organizations throughout the NYC area via direct contact with administrators, teachers, parents, and other representatives, expanding our reach into new schools and communities
- Create and maintain year-long marketing calendar, ensure campaigns are enticing and sent on time
- Contribute to creating accurate financial projections and tracking and reporting on progress toward stated goals throughout the fiscal year
- Participate in and coordinate the Division’s presence at vendor fairs and conferences; organize and execute cultivation events
- Cultivate and maintain relationships and partnerships with schools, districts, and other educational organizations
- Contribute to design and production of departmental marketing collateral, including brochures, flyers, webpages, and emails
- Assist in troubleshooting/problem solving with school partners on an as-needed basis
- Provide support for Division-wide special events
- Additional duties as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a phone and computer; however, travel around New York City, public speaking, and filing is required. This would require the ability to climb stairs, lift boxes, and stand and speak for extended periods of time as well as lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stoop as necessary.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer