Take a field trip to the New-York Historical Society, where your students will discover history firsthand.
Choose from our wide range of inquiry-driven programs, all of which align with and support the Common Core State Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies and the New York State Learning Standards for Social Studies and for the Visual Arts.
All programs are led by highly qualified New-York Historical Society Museum Educators and Teaching Artists and make use of the museum’s objects, artwork, images, maps, and documents.
- Field trips last 90 minutes and begin at 10 am, 11:30 am, or 1 pm
- Field Trips cost $75/class for NYC schools and $150/class for non-NYC schools
- Classes can have up to 30 students and must have one adult chaperone per every 10 students
- Lunch facilities are not available in the museum
- Upon request, classes can include New York Story, a dynamic 20-minute film covering 400 years of history
- Space is limited, so book today!
In December 2016, our fourth floor will be transformed into a new destination for historical education and innovation. During the current renovation, objects from our permanent collection are on view throughout the Museum. Additionally, to continue engaging students with our rich permanent collection, we have created a gallery of life-size reproductions.
Click on the appropriate grade level to view program options.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 212-485-9293 or email@example.com.