Take a field trip to the New-York Historical Society, where your students will discover history firsthand!
Choose from our wide range of inquiry-driven programs, all of which align with and support the Common Core State Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies and the New York State Learning Standards for Social Studies and for the Visual Arts.
The New-York Historical Society is on the list of Summer In The City Cultural Visit Vendors. Browse our Field Trip offerings below, including special exhibition programs Eloise at the Museum, World War 1 Beyond the Trenches, Tiffany and Beyond, and Hamilton's World, as well as all of our Permanent Museum Collection Programs.
To book a program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-485-9293
Student Group Visit Policies and Procedures:
- All programs are led by highly qualified New-York Historical Society Museum Educators and make use of the Museum’s vast collections, including objects, artworks, images, maps, and/or documents.
- Field trips are 90 minutes long and begin at 10 am, 11:30 am, or 1 pm. Programs cannot be extended past 90 minutes. If a group arrives later than the appointed time, the program will be shortened to end at its original time.
- Field trips are $90/class for NYC schools and $150/class for schools outside the five boroughs.
- Payment must be received in order to make a reservation. We accept credit cards, checks, and purchase orders. To expedite matters, we encourage groups to pay by credit card.
- Classes can have up to 32 students and must have one adult chaperone per every 10 students.
- Lunch facilities are not available in the Museum. Groups are encouraged to picnic across the street in Central Park.
- Field trips can include New York Story, a dynamic 20-minute film covering 400 years of history, at no additional charge. The film is recommended for second graders and above.
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be given for programs cancelled with less than 24 business-hours’ notice. Programs cancelled with more than 24 business-hours’ notice will be refunded or rescheduled at no charge.
- Space is limited, so book today!
Click on the appropriate grade level to view program options:
If you have any questions, please contact us at 212-485-9293 or email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be given for programs cancelled with less than 24 business-hours’ notice. Programs cancelled with more than 24 business-hours’ notice will be refunded or rescheduled at no charge.