lass="field field-name-field-e-inscriptions field-type-text-long field-label-above">
Inscribed at lower left in brown ink: "View of Plattsburgh & Cumberland fort / from Cumberland head or at the farm now / belonging to Comr. MacDonough. Drawn Saty. Fey. 2d 1815 / H. Denray / in Compy. With Wm. H. Pitt."; various inscriptions in image in gray wash: "British Sloops / with spectators / from Montreal / & St Johns --"; "Ticonderoga";
Watercolor and brown ink over graphite on two sheets of sketchbook paper, with center binding holes, laid on heavier paper
Overall: 8 1/2 x 22 5/8 in. ( 21.6 x 57.5 cm )
Bequest of Irving S. Olds
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.