The definitive treaty of peace and friendship, between His Britannick Majesty, the Most Christian King, and the King of Spain : concluded at Paris, the 10th day of February, 1763, to which, the King of Portugal acceded on the same day...
Support the New-York Historical Society
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.
Overall: 3 5/8 x 2 3/8 x 1 1/8 in. ( 9.2 x 6 x 2.9 cm )
Iron bayonet socket.
This object was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others in the fireplace of a hut on 171st Street west of Fort Washington Avenue, within the area of a military camp that extended west of Broadway between 168th and 171st Streets. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the amp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024