Belt plate excavated at a British and Hessian Revolutionary War fort and camp
Overall: 2 x 2 in. ( 5.1 x 5.1 cm )
Bronze belt plate excavated at the British and Hessian camp on Laurel Hill at Fort George, along Audubon and Eleventh Avenues and between 190th and 194th Streets in Washington Heights, Manhattan; belt plate is square-shaped and inscribed.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
printed: on back of plate: "190th St./1891" (pencil mark)
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.