Error message

Warning: array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in DrupalDefaultEntityController->load() (line 173 of /var/www/vhosts/nyhistory.org/httpdocs/includes/entity.inc).

Stained glass window

Title:
Stained glass window
lass="field field-name-field-e-bibliography field-type-text-long field-label-above">
Bibliography: 
Olson, Roberta J. M. “A selection of European paintings and objects.” The Magazine Antiques, Vol. 167, no.1, January 2005, p.182-187.
Display this item in the highlights
27 277
Is owned by NYHS: 
Yes
Date: 
ca. 1656
Medium: 
Glass
Classification: 
Collections: 
Dimensions: 
Overall: 30 1/2 x 27 1/4 x 1 1/4 in. ( 77.5 x 69.2 x 3.2 cm )
Description: 
Stained glass window; oval pane painted in polychrome enamels with strapwork frame with a coat of arms consisting of a shield containing a three ostrich-like birds, surmounted by a helmet surmounted by an ostrich-like bird, all surrounded by foliate scrollwork, all over cartouche with the inscription "Joris CLaesz vanderLaen/ Anno 1630" (Joris son of Nicholas Vanderlaen, Anno 1630); pane set in leaded glass window with rectangular panes and an oak frame with iron corner brackets.
Date End: 
1 656
Credit Line: 
Gift of Mrs. Howard C. Robbins
Object Number: 
1951.414b
Gallery Label: 
This is one of a small group of stained glass windows attributed to Duyckink that are thought to have been made for the First reformed Dutch Church built in Albany, NY in 1656 and torn down in 1715. This window was removed from a house on Eighth St. in New York City and found by Mrs. Howard Robbins in a wrecker's yard and used in her Dutch Revival house at Sneden's Landing on the Hudson.
Date Begin: 
1656
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group