Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Engineering Services
Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: A minimum of one year building cleaning and maintenance work, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways and windows.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
- Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Replenishes restroom supplies and empties wastebaskets.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballasts and light fixtures.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in Library, Education, Classrooms and Galleries.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to other Departments in the Institution.
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- Assists in shipping and receiving of library supplies and materials.
- Provides assistance to officials, staff, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
- Checks building at beginning and end of shifts.
- Participates in building coverage by working evenings and Saturday rotation as required.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
- Other duties as requested.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk and lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the job title. The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyhistory.or