Young couple in beach chairs read a book together, Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, undated (ca. 1920). William D. Hassler photograph collection. New-York Historical Society, 25833.
History Book Club
Join us for our Members-Only History Book Club, meeting five times between October 2017 and May 2018!
Get to know your fellow N-YHS Members, discuss various aspects of history and art based upon books that correlate with our current exhibitions, and engage in meaningful and enlightening conversation with fellow New Yorkers. This program is an exciting way to participate in a series of casual yet thought-provoking forums.
- October 16, 2017 – American Moderns by Christine Stansell
- December 6, 2017 – Camelot Court: Inside the Kennedy White House by Robert Dallek
- January 11, 2018 – Catastrophe 1914: Europe Goes to War by Max Hastings
- March 14, 2018 – Extraordinary, Ordinary People: A Memoir of Family by Condoleezza Rice
- May 24, 2018 – They Marched Into Sunlight by David Maraniss
All meetings take place from 5:30 – 7 pm at the New-York Historical Society.
If you wish to attend, please contact Ariana Fernandez at
212-485-9217 or Ariana.Fernandez@nyhistory.org
New-York Historical Society member, Sandra Krystal, is the discussion leader of the History Book Club. Sandra has taught English literature on the high school level, trained teachers for the Board of Education, and conducted teacher training workshops while serving as vice president of a small nonprofit organization. Currently, she supervises student teachers in the Teaching and Curriculum Department at Hunter College.