The Henry Luce III Center for the Study of American Culture will be closed for renovations from August 31, 2014 through December 2016. Please check back in the fall for details of our exciting new galleries and installations.
For Metro-North special discount package call 511 or visit our website at www.mta.info/mnr
What Our Visitors Say
- "Wonderful and inspiring."
— Dianne Wiest, March 7, 2012
- “Short and snappy, yet comprehensive too -- no mean feat!”
— Mike Wallace, February 7, 2012
- “Not to be missed is a panoramic film of New York”
— New York Times, November 13
- "...We were also absolutely blown away by the film which manages to convey more about NewYork and its history than one could imagine ever being crammed into 18 minutes."
— Carol Leimas, New York, NY
- "a fast-paced, state-of-the-art film...on the history of New York City."
— Wall Street Journal, November 22, 2011
- “what a pleasant shock… the film closed playing "NewYork" by Jay Z & Alicia Keys.”
— Yelp, November 14
- "wonderful and moving."
— Gotham-Lover, TripAdvisor.com, 12/22/11
- "NYC film is a visual explosion."
— Shari Cohen via Twitter, 1/30/12
- "Just go watch the 18 minute video about New York. It makes me so darn proud to be part of this hunk of rock!"
— Nate Kimball via Facebook 11/9/11
- 'New York Story', [whisks] through New York history with lighting effects, constantly moving screens and a projection of almost IMAX-like proportions.
— The Bowery Boys Blog, 11/15/11
- “Great intro movie - don't miss it.”
— TripAdvisor, December 2011
Support the New-York Historical Society
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.