The Henry Luce III Center for the Study of American Culture will be closed for renovations from August 4, 2014 through December 2016. Please check back in the fall for details of our exciting new galleries and installations.
Support the New-York Historical Society
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.
What Our Visitors Say
- I have organized several group tours…and everyone was impressed with the knowledge and enthusiasm of the docents who have such a command of the exhibition.
— Marie Harrington, Scarsdale NY
- The New-York Historical Society is one of my favorite museums because it is large enough to have a magnificent collection and splendid exhibits but small enough to offer an intimate experience for visitors
— Steven S. Berizzi, Associate Professor, Norwalk Community College, Norwalk, CT
- A good starting point for your visit to New York. It will help you understand the people and history of this amazing city.
— Phyllis Epstein, New York, NY
- When I talk to friends, I explain the New-York Historical Society's appeal to me by a simple phrase: "I never walk through the doors of the Society and not learn something." What better reason to visit?
— Jim Picinich, New York, NY
- No trip to manhattan can be without visiting here. One of the greatest museums in the city!
— Mateo C. Oakland Gardens, NY
- I always enjoy visiting the New-York Historical Society. Their permanent collection has Tiffany, Audubon and the Hudson River School painters. Their special shows are also fabulous and diversified.
— Lisa Siegel, New York, NY