Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
5th Grade: How did New York help shape the history of the Americas?
Students practice the skills they will need in middle school by deconstructing the history of the Western Hemisphere.
- Lesson 1: The Geography of New York
- Lesson 2: The Age of Exploration
- Lesson 3: Cultural Encounters
- Lesson 4: New Amsterdam/New York
- Lesson 5: The French and Indian War
- Lesson 6: Revolution!
- Lesson 7: Nueva York
- Lesson 8: Westward Ho!
- Lesson 9: Culmination—A Visual Timeline