Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
7th Grade: New York and North America, 1408-1865
Students gain a more nuanced understanding of early American history by investigating the experiences of marginalized people using objects, images, and documents.
- Lesson 1: New York’s First People
- Lesson 2: New Amsterdam
- Lesson 3: British New York
- Lesson 4: The American Revolution in New York
- Lesson 5: New York, New Nation
- Lesson 6: Opening the American West
- Lesson 7: The Underground Railroad
- Lesson 8: New York and the Civil War
- Lesson 9: Culmination—A Visual Timeline