We want to create a welcoming environment in our galleries. We ask that visitors refrain from disorderly or disruptive conduct that interferes with or distracts from other visitors' enjoyment of the Museum. Please follow these guidelines:
- Follow our health and safety protocols.
- Conduct that poses any risk to other visitors or to the Museum's staff or collections is not permitted.
- Interaction with staff and other visitors should be cordial and respectful.
- Running, rough play, and disruptive behavior are not permitted.
- Charitable solicitations, leafleting, signature gathering, picketing, and press conferences by visitors are not permitted.
Visitors are welcome to take photos in the DiMenna Children's History Museum and in select special exhibitions (please ask a staff member for assistance). The use of flash, tripods, and selfie sticks is prohibited in all areas of the Museum.
In the Galleries
- No touching objects or artwork.
- The use of laser pointers is not permitted
- No cellphone calls, radios, or musical devices
- Keep voices low and be mindful of others.
- Sketching is allowed in the galleries with graphite pencil only. Pens, colored pencils, markers, crayons, charcoal, and other writing or drawing tools are strictly prohibited
- Sitting on the floor is not permitted
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult
- No food may be brought into the Museum
- Only bottles with a closed cap may be brought into the Museum
Coat Check Policy
Although temporarily closed, when open, all bags are subject to security inspection and search. The Museum reserves the right to decide what can and cannot be checked in
- Bags (11 x 14 inches or smaller) may be carried throughout the Museum. Larger bags and backpacks must be checked in our complimentary coat check
- Umbrellas must be checked or placed in a protective bag supplied by the Museum upon entering
- Coats may be carried into the galleries
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available at the coat check and may be reserved in advance by calling (212)873-3400 ext. 369
- Items such as laptops, cellphones, wallets, bikes, musical instruments, perishables, and possessions of high value cannot be checked in the coat check area
- A limited number of collapsible strollers will be checked on a first-come, first-served basis. Our galleries are stroller-friendly
- The Museum is not responsible for any articles left in the coat check overnight. If you have lost something, please call (212)873-3400 ext. 369 or visit the coat check for lost and found